Saturday, January 19, 2013

LET'S ALL MOVE TO THE CITY

Hey peoples. So, Bowie madness continues, with this article that I read (last week? the week before? I've been meaning to write this for too long - I need to blog more impulsively) in NME, in which Tony Visconti, the new album's producer, says that these tracks have been under wraps for two. years., and that, moreover, The Next Day is significantly less melancholic than "Where Are We Now?" would suggest. (Which itself strikes me as a very typically Bowie-esque manuever, to release a single that isn't representative of the album it comes from.)

Visconti reports that Bowie is "smiling a lot." Well, yes.

Needless to say, I am excited for March 12.

I'm in New York City now, and it's pretty great but I'm still at the point where I get anxious doing just about anything. So, hit me up if you're in the city and let's connect.

I've been trying to write things here but every time I try I end up watching another episode of Parks & Rec instead. Damn.

That being said, I have had some writerly things go live in the last week: first, Hobart published a cover letter that I wrote them for a contest last year.

And then, over at PANK, I conducted a fairly lengthy conversation with Eric Raymond about his novel, Confessions From A Dark Wood (out from Ken Baumann's Sator Press; you should read it post-haste).

I should have new fiction coming out soon, possibly this month. I'm excited for that because it's been a while since anything new has been published. I worry though, each time I finish a story, that it will be the last good thing that I write. And I haven't written a new story in months.


No comments:

Post a Comment